This American Lafrance Type 38 was the first piece of motorized fire apparatus delivered to Port Henry New York
in 1924. The story goes that the fire chief who bought her in 1924 got her from the Department when he retired.
The truck spent the next 40 years in his barn when it was sold by his son to Fred Heim of New York who had a frame off restoration done by David Allen. When it was completed it was housed in a museum in up State New York finally returning to the owner in 2004 who put it up for sale and was purchased by Brian in 2005.
It is a beauitful example of American Lafrance quality with a 600 GPM Gear Pump, and a 40 Gallon Chemical Tank complete with an American Lafrance 6 Cylinder engine supplying 75 HP.